[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Wed Oct 12 02:08:43 UTC 2011

* Bob the Wikipedian wrote:
>Zooming out may work for individuals like you, but for folks like me,
>it's actually a distraction, and I try to see what the tiny picture is,
>staring at it until it makes sense. Yay for ADHD....:-\

Zooming out is something that works for me pretty much everywhere with
no changes needed to any web site. I did not suggest telling Wikipedia
users that's their only option and putting this issue to rest. Rather,
I suggested that shrinking all images would be an option so that users
who regularily encounter images on Wikipedia they have issues would be
less affected by them. You cannot have a personal image filter without
expending considerable effort on selecting the images you personally do
or do not want to see, it is this very effort that makes it personal.