[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 91, Issue 8

Donaldo Papero pap3rinik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:54:21 UTC 2011

Hi Nathan,

my name is Giovanni (Donaldo stands for Donald [Duck], and is related to my
nickname ;))

You are right in understanding that this lock is a way to raise a discussion
about a proposed law, which has been developed without any consideration
about the consequences on Wikipedia (or disregarding it: we already tryed,
in the past, to stess such consequences). In no way our reaction wants to be
"political" nor "lobbying" as our only concern is about encyclopedia
content: there is no way to make it compliant an unchangeable text (the
required amendment) and a wiki, an amendment that can be required also if a
statement is true and referenced, with Wikipedia citations policies.

Regards
Giovanni AKA Pap3rinik