[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2011 videos - mission complete!

Itzik Edri itzik at infra.co.il
Tue Nov 29 11:48:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

*I happy to announce that all the videos from Wikimania 2011 in Haifa are
now available on our channel in YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/WikimediaIL
.*
Next week I will send a HDD with all the footage and the edited videos to
the WMF so they will have a copy for archive and so they can upload it to
commons also.

*Don't forget also to check our Flickr stream!:
http://www.flickr.com/WikimediaIL*

On the schedule you will find links to the videos:
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Also, on each submissions page there is a links to the video, slides and
Etherpad (if available). *For the presenter who didn't upload their slides
yet, please do so and update your submissions page.*

*** Bonus! - a video clip that we made after Wikimania to summarize the
(amazing!) beach party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1-MzHGA6fc ***

It was harder than we thought - to record 3 days, in 5 simulation
High-Definition cameras, and than edit, upload and tag them - really not an
easy thing. What we thought will take us few weeks, took about 2 months -
but I'm happy that we finish with that finally :)

I think now we've made this step, we finished our commitment to the
community and to the conference participants. I Hope everyone will enjoy
and will found our (hard) work useful. I personally going to find time to
watch some of lectures... (a tip for Wikimania organizers - don't plan to
attend session during the conference, you will fail :).

And some statistics:
We have about 2TB of footages, 135GB of edit videos, all of them are in HD.
During the confrtence we produce 3 summaries video clips (and one more
after that)
Until now the videos on our YouTube channel had been watched more than
16,000 times and our Flickr stream, who have 1,425 photos been seen more
than 83,000 times!

Thanks everyone for the great opportunity to have this conference in Haifa,
and good luck to the great guys in D.C next year!

Itzik
Wikimania 2011 local team
(probably the last time i'm going to use this title...)