[Foundation-l] Error message

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Mon Nov 28 13:11:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 13:04, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 November 2011 07:38, Amir E. Aharoni <amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>> 2011/11/28 Dirk Franke <dirkingofranke at googlemail.com>:
>>> Seriously: Could we please create something like the Twitter Fail Whale?
>>> Maybe a Sad Jimbo? Could help fundraising as well..
>>
>> Scattered pieces of the puzzle globe.
>
> I don't tend to do "+1" emails, but I'll make an exception - I love
> that idea too!

One problem here is that I think the error message is for all
Wikimedia projects. Scattered puzzle pieces of a globe is fine for
Wikipedia.

Perhaps Wikibooks could have pages being torn out of a book.

Wikisource could have an iceberg melting into the sea.

Wikiversity could have the pillars of the academy tumbling down and
the world falling down from suspension.

For Wikispecies, the DNA coils unfolded.

Wiktionary? The word Wiktionary with the label "a currently-offline
wiki-based Open Content dictionary"

Commons could have the arrows pointing all over the place.

As for Wikinews? Well, duh, that should tell you that the site is
offline as a breaking news headline.

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>