[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia India Program Trust

wheredevelsdare at hotmail.com wheredevelsdare at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:04:55 UTC 2011

Bank, Barry. I appreciate what the foundation has done for us, however the bank at your end has proven to be a pain on more than one occasion. We have gone through a lot of unnecessary shit - you would think that international transfers are quite simple in this day and age. They have delayed our payments for weeks on end whiles they debited foundation accounts, which means they were playing with the money interest free all that while! Money mean for the conference. Even when it came, we couldnt trace it due to their methods.

At the end of the day they blamed the Indian Banks. For your information, this happened to 4 different people each having a different bank (one of which was actually the Indian counterpart of the US bank WMF uses).