[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Newbie recruitment: referencing

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 08:23:34 UTC 2011

2011/11/4 David Richfield <davidrichfield at gmail.com>:

>>> I'd disagree. Newbie treatment is important, but having quarter of a
>>> million articles without a single reference is also important given WP:V.

>> It's also valuable to avoid giving undue weight to WP:V.

> My opinion (and it's just an opinion) is that it's really hard to give
> undue weight to WP:V.

"WP:V" is not equal to verifiability itself. You may have adminitis.

I think verifiability carries a lot of weight. WP:V is different from
verifiability in various important ways, which have been discussed on
this list before - Wikipedia's epistemology breaks down really badly
and stupidly at the edges.

- d.