[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Newbie recruitment: referencing

David Richfield davidrichfield at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:18:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wish we didn't always have to dispense with this tired argument that
> making editing easier will inundate the projects with idiots. Easy and
> open editing is the ethos that built the whole project.

I just want to point out that I didn't say that we should not make it
easier to add references, but that we shouldn't create the impression
that "adding citations" means "pasting the URL of any old website that
supports the claim I'm making into Wikipedia", and that we should work
harder to make it easier to reference books and articles.

--
David Richfield
e^(πi)+1=0