[Foundation-l] Newbie recruitment: referencing

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Thu Nov 3 09:59:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 21:41, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I knew it looked so obvious someone must've already tried to do it.
> See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ProveIt.jpg and
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ProveIt_GT. This is a GUI reference
> adding interface that shows up while editing (i.e., after you click
> "edit this page.") It's a gadget currently available to everyone.

A lot of us aren't using ProveIt because of the slowness in loading.
You click edit, then you start editing, only for ProveIt to start
slow. Personally, I just use the built in 'Cite' buttons and I also
use Reftag, a tool that lets you paste in a Google Books URL and which
then spits out a copy-pasteable citation - see
http://reftag.appspot.com/

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>