[Foundation-l] Frustration with WMF = WP

Billinghurst billinghurst at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 09:19:02 UTC 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2011-10-31/Technology_report
Wikimedia proposes Wikipedia Zero

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I know that it is the flagship, however, it becomes a
self-fulfilling philosophy that nothing else exists at WMF when _WMF_ cannot even seem to
present the whole package.

Think if we expanded our visions and our message
* Quick and easy dictionary (wiktionary)
* Read a classic, a history, from science geniuses (Wikisource),
** or even download the work! Well only if there were resources provided so we could
explore the Epub extension
* grab a free lecture (wikiversity)

Different sites, different scopes, different experiences ... synergism of knowledge.

Regards, Andrew <- crawling back into his hole, and pulling the rock back over the top