[Foundation-l] Ideas for newbie recruitment

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 1 02:18:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
<cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be overwhelmingly hard to program a pop-up dialogue which
> would first ask which type of source the editor is citing from, which
> would lead to a form with labeled textboxes for the
> various elements of a reference citation with an asterisk beside the
> elements considered vital. My guess is that quite a few of the
> elements of such are already in the code.

A lot of this already exists in the cite toolbar on the English Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cite_toolbar_2.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Citing_sources_tutorial,_part_2.ogv

It's very en.wp specific (because the templates are), and the
usability is still a bit poor. It's one of those low-hanging fruit
things where a little bit of effort could go a long way.

--
Erik Möller