[Foundation-l] 2011 Board Elections: Input needed

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 13:24:17 UTC 2011

Lowering the edit counts sounds good, it does however also have a
downside, in that it makes it easier to vote using sockpuppets or
meatpuppets.

I agree with voices speaking out against giving voting rights based on
donations; I do also think giving people voting rights based only on
being 'readers' basically means giving it out to random people.

There's two groups I would be first thinking of when extending the
voting populace. The first is those with commit rights on the
Mediawiki code (I'd feel a single commit in the last year would be
enough - in general having been granted commit right shows already
that one is active as a Mediawiki community member). The second would
be participants of Wikimania or other Wikimedia or chapter events
(using a specific but extensive list).

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com