[Foundation-l] 2011 Board Elections: Input needed

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 12:32:23 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 10:32 PM, Harel Cain <harel.cain at gmail.com> wrote:

> The last elections saw a participation of a few thousand of voters, just a
> small proportion of all the people eligible to vote,

I didn't vote last time. I ultimately didn't consider it worth my
while researching the candidates and refreshing myself on issues that
I'd missed given the steadily declining relevance of the
community-elected board members on the operation of the Foundation.

(This is not a comment on the members themselves - all of whom have
been and continue to be excellent - but on the Board's composition,
and the increasing dominance of the executive).

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com