[Foundation-l] Access to academic journals (was Re: Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser)

Mayo FM lalilaroja at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 10:50:36 UTC 2011

Hi!

I agree with Melissa in promoting the use of open access journals. Plus,
there is also the possibility to create solidarity  for access between
academics. In the sense that, if my University does not have access to a
paper I need to complete an article, but another academic in Boston does, to
find a way we can collaborate in order to introduce that reference. Then it
is also important to make present and encorage academics with access to
journals to realise and value that they can make a great contribution by
adding those references that not everybody in Wikipedia has access to.

Cheers! Mayo