[Foundation-l] Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 01:54:58 UTC 2011

-- On Wed, 9/3/11, SlimVirgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:

> The nearest university to me will give access to databases
> for $150 a
> year, but they make non-students and staff travel to the
> university
> itself to do it; no logging in from home, and that turns
> into a
> serious hassle over time (travelling there, very high
> parking fees,
> not being able to browse at leisure).

These are my feelings too. It's just not practical. By the time I've spent
three-quarters of an hour in traffic (each way) and have paid $15 or more
for 3 hours' parking, I'm better off shelling out $20 to buy an article
online, where I can take time to digest it, make myself a free coffee, and
do the work without worrying about my parking meter, or closing time.

Andreas