[Foundation-l] 2015 strategic plan pdf and licencing/attribution practices

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 02:33:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Jay Walsh <jwalsh at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> *The sunflower picture on the last page is what people colloquially
>> call a "stolen" picture. The attribution right of Uwe H. Friese
>> Bremerhaven 2005 (User:Vulcan) is infringed (2)
>
> If that's the case, and if Commons users address this infringement then we could certainly adjust the image credit in the viewing PDF for the correct one.  For now I haven't seen that take place.
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sunflower_Bl%C3%BCte.JPG

I think Teofilo is saying that the WMF has credited the username
'Vulkan', but not the person's real name, which is given.  the
username was not put there by the contributor.  someone else added
that.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Sunflower_Bl%C3%BCte.JPG&oldid=830243

Thanks,
John Vandenberg