[Foundation-l] Steward election issues

Thomas Goldammer thogol at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 7 00:37:10 UTC 2011

Hoi,

You have been told that you need to make a back link from your home
wiki to the Meta account as well, if you don't have a global account
(because everyone can link to a certain enwiki account on their Meta
userpage and the real user won't notice it, but on your user page on
enwiki people are unlikely to edit without your consent, don't you
think? ;o) The link on Meta is still necessary to identify you so that
people can find your home wiki user page.) That's a very simple thing,
the people must be able to verify (at least to a certain extend) that
you are indeed that user on enwiki, which they were not obviously, so
your vote was correctly marked invalid. For the next one, just get
yourself an SUL account and vote with that, or add a link on enwiki to
your Meta account, and everything is fine. :o)

Th.