[Foundation-l] Seat and Donations (SPLIT from: EFF & Bitcoins)

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 00:36:46 UTC 2011

On 23 June 2011 22:58, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I am still confused by the argument here.

I think your confusion is because you are failing to account for
perceptions. It is not good enough to just do things right, you need
to be seen to do things right. You can end up with the best board
member imaginable on the board, but if you harm the reputation of the
Foundation in the process, you may well end up doing more harm than
good. (In this case, I think you got away with it - there was harm,
but probably more good, but it could easily have gone the other way.)