[Foundation-l] Request: WMF commitment as a long term cultural archive?

Fae faenwp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 21:05:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

As a follow-up to my original question, my brief presentation today at
the all day Wellcome Trust research images workshop went down well and
everyone was happy to see "in perpetuity" as a commitment. Thanks for
the comments made in this thread, they did influence the nature of my
discussions.

In practice if WM-UK are able to partner with either the Wellcome
Library (I'm hopeful after my behind the scenes chat with their Head
of Publishing) or some of the sponsored research projects with large
image assets, the WMF may find it usefully pre-emptive to go the next
step and be able to show how this is planned for in operation practice
if it has yet to be detailed (i.e. not just a backup procedure but
strategically planning for perpetuity).

Cheers,
Fae
--