[Foundation-l] Oral Citations project: People are Knowledge

Maria Alameda m-alameda51 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 23:39:54 UTC 2011

Thank you Sarah. I knew I owed a public apology to other members of this list, but did not want to bring up my conduct again. I found that the discussion had since moved on and I could convey my feelings to Sarah privately.
I would like to publicly apologize to other readers for my past comments. I do not edit Wikipedia. I have no idea about the context of discussions on this particular mailing list. An old student referred me to the email this morning, and I signed up instantly to this mailing list for only the purpose of replying to that email. I realized that my knee-jerk reaction at the time was out of place and a complete over-reaction to what was being discussed.
I have since then apologized to Sarah privately, and I do really hope she accepted it. I sincerely hope I didn't affect her enthusiasm and passion with my comments. My comments were clearly an over-sensitive reaction to the perceived content of the last email, I saw them out of context and I sincerely apologize for my conduct to everyone who read them.
It has been a while since I have been called a troll, though I am old enough to probably be considered one. I don't feel I have anymore to contribute. There seems to be a much more active discussion here than what I was expecting. As such, this would be my last email to this mailing list, I will be unsubscribe after this email - Troll or not.
I wish everyone the best in their endeavors. I have nothing but good things to say about Wikipedia and what it is doing to change our world.
Best wishes
Maria Alameda