[Foundation-l] They do make or break reputations

Wjhonson wjhonson at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 19:32:38 UTC 2011

Something better than Wikipedia ?
I can think of something right off the bat.

Kill the copyright police who do nothing useful and harm the project immensely.

Go back to the more transparent rationale that copyright infringement rests solely upon the person who uploaded the copyrighted item, not on people who merely link to it.  That would allow us to link to YouTube videos for example (not host them, just link to them).

Why read an article on Wikipedia about say.... Shirley Temple, if someone else has an identical article AND video streaming as well so you can watch one of her movie or a newsreel interview.

Re-hosters will eventually figure this out,  grab all of our content and improve upon it.  We should get there before they do.

Will