[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 88, Issue 9

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 13:05:51 UTC 2011

If merging existing wikis is resource intensive, lets start the
process by not creating new wikis for thins that should be projects
within existing wikis. So wikimania 2012, or if it is too late for
that Wikimania 2013 could be a project within meta.

But my suspicion is that a bit of development and the adding of
appropriate suffixes would make merger of wikis straightforward - and
worth doing as this would go a long way towards encouraging
collaboration across wikis and making the whole operation more
understandable and functional.

Remember the concept of the wisdom of crowds rather relies on there
being crowds, so the more we hive things off into standalone wikis the
more we undermine the essence that makes this place work.

WSC