[Foundation-l] Languages and numbers

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:13:45 UTC 2011

On 07/01/2011 01:24 PM, Yaroslav M. Blanter wrote:
> Milosh, thanks for your work. Just to correct: Moksha, Erzya, Yakut
> (=Sakha), Komi-Zyrian (=Komi) and Lak all have Wikipedias (though
> admittedly for Lak I am the only active contributor). Adyge is almost
> identical to Kabardino-Circassian, and Adyge speakers probably will never
> have their own Wikipedia. Balkar is a part of Karachai-Balkar which has a
> Wikipedia.

Thanks! I've updated database for those which have Wikipedias.

As Russia is fairly developed country, it is likely that reaching people
who speak those languages and teaching them how to use Wikimedia
projects would the task for WM RU. Besides that, I think that all
languages of Russia have writing systems and support in Unicode.