[Foundation-l] Making wikimediafoundation.org more open to contributions

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 28 05:34:12 UTC 2011

2011/1/27 MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com>:
> In the spirit of being bold, I've taken a number of steps to correct what I
> view as deficiencies in the current contribution system, all of which I'll
> outline in this e-mail. If anyone has objections to these changes, they're
> more than welcome to revert them and we can discuss ways to improve the
> overall situation.[2]

Looks great to me :-)

I agree that the edit restrictions on the WMF wiki are very
unfortunate and there's still much more that can be done (perhaps one
day leading toward www.wikimedia.org as a single information,
collaboration and discussion hub, subsuming both WMF and Meta, and
possibly other backstage wikis).

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation