[Foundation-l] Wikipedia, the Pedia that used to be a Wiki

Виктория mstislavl1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 19:20:41 UTC 2011

Theo,

I don't know why you are seeing an indeterminedly old version, you may try
to clean up your cache (=purge in the web address of your browser).
May be I didn't make myself clear enough: Flagged Revvs doesn't require to
wait for anything, you can only see the patrolling interface because you are
a registered user. If you were a reader accessing RuWiki from an IP you
wouldn't  even have known that there is a patrolled or unpatrolled version,
you'd just have seen the corrected coordinates.

You can compare Flagged Revvs to Soviet Union, after all,  Jaron Lanier is
sure that all wikipedians are "digital maoists" but there is a consensus in
the  RuWiki Community  that Flagged Revvs do more good then harm and it is a
step toward a better Wikipedia. Sorry, but I don't see how using a
non-wikimedia software and a cache version of a random page, which everybody
sees differently, proves anything.

Regards

Victoria