[Foundation-l] Missing wikis now redirect to Incubator

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 23 00:24:15 UTC 2011

On 23/12/11 09:44, Milos Rancic wrote:
> This is great news! In the sense of software implementation, we are
> just a step behind the implementation of the initial spirit of
> Wikipedia: If you know this language, you can start free encyclopedia
> now! (Though, there are some organizational issues to be resolved.)

We did have a "create this wiki" button on the missing wiki page for a
while. I set it up with a cron job to automatically clear the request
queue. Hundreds of wikis were created that way. Eventually the
community was overwhelmed with a desire for bureaucracy and I was
asked to disable it, in favour of a meta.wikimedia.org request process.

-- Tim Starling