[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimedia Hungary Report for April 2011

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 15:36:28 UTC 2011

Hi Asaf,

At this point it is mostly a declaration of intent to cooperate.
Arcanum digitises content under various copyright regimes (some are already
under public domain, some they only digitise without any rights in the work,
for some they receive a fixed duration permission to use), and they agreed
to give us stuff that is under PD if/when we ask for it (some of it might
have made its way already to Wikipedia/Wikisource randomly, especially as
some of the content digitised by Arcanum is available through the Hungarian
Electronic Library or their own website, and some can be bought in the
(book)shops). So far we haven't asked for any specific content, but the
possibility is still open.

Arcanum (http://arcanum.hu/idegennyelvu/iny_index.html) has a fascinating
wealth of content, some of it available on the internet (not all of it in
Hungarian), so I hope we can find the pieces in there that would be most
useful for a 21st century encyclopedia and request the data. If you have any
wishlist, you might help us in making this partnership more successful.

Best regards,
Bence