[Foundation-l] Board of Trustees activity report - May-June 2011

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 19:16:27 UTC 2011

phoebe ayers, 04/08/2011 07:29:
> The Board has been working on a report of our activities; please find the
> first report, covering May and June of this year, below. This is a short
> summary, meant to help share our work with the community and movement, and
> help make Board work and trustee activities more accessible&  transparent.

Thank you!
For the next reports, you might consider to define the scope of the
report better. For instance, it's probably not suitable for
blog.wikimedia.org because it's not for the general public, but this
means that you can worry less about some things which are difficult to
explain.
As far as I understand, it's meant to cover the activities of all board
members and represent the board as a whole: this is going to be very
hard work! But another consequence is that it will contain only
"official board positions", as opposed to e.g. the point of view of the
3 or 3+2 community members. This is up to you, but then I don't
understand the purpose of the first half of the report (before "Other
Board work"): as it is, it might be just a duplicate of the resolutions
and minutes on the wiki; not more informative, nor significantly
shorter, nor providing different insights. In other words, you could
consider to drop that part reducing your work and the community could
just learn to read the resolutions (which are few and short) and minutes
(which are not so long after all) on the wiki. For those who don't know,
there are also feeds for them (as for any wiki page, hence quite raw,
but still serving the purpose).
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolutions
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Meetings
http://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Resolutions&feed=atom&action=history