[Foundation-l] Call for referendum

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 18:52:59 UTC 2011

On 20 August 2011 14:31, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to make tiny procedural point before things go any
> further, if I may, please don't let this stop the philosphical
> distractions going in any way (though perhaps better suited in their
> own thread).
>
> Since there is going to be such a short interval between the vote
> concluding, and the results being announced, is it the presumption
> that no due diligence needs to be adhered to with regards to vote
> fraud, and sock-puppets are explicitly allowed to vote?

No.

Each individual may vote once, using a single eligible account of his or her
choice.

I do not understand why you would think that violating election rules would
be okay if there was the possibility one wouldn't get caught. Isn't that
like walking out of a store without paying for the television because the
clerk just happened to step away from the till for a few minutes?

If it requires more time to do due diligence, then it will take more time.

Risker/Anne