[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Referendum 2011 mailout — issues

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 23:43:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 14:29, Andrew Garrett <agarrett at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I've just started sending out over 750,000 emails to folks who are
> eligible to vote in our Wikimedia Referendum. I've learned from past
> mailouts in trying to exclude more bots, multiple accounts and folks
> who've already voted. However, if you receive an email which doesn't
> apply to you (for example, if you're not eligible to vote, or you've
> requested to be excluded from such mailouts), or if there's a problem
> with the email that you receive (for example, it's in the wrong
> language), I've set up a page [1] where you can report it. Remember
> that you can always opt out from all future mailings [2].
>
> I'm hoping that having a central page for this information will help
> in investigating the issues associated with errant mail, and allow
> future mail to be better targetted.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help,
>
> —Andrew
>
> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image_filter_referendum/Email/False_positives
> [2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_nomail_list

While it is not a big deal for me to get six emails (including one in
Polish) instead of once, I want to say that I already added pattern
for my bot accounts at the Wikimedia nomail list and it existed at
Friday morning there, at least [1].

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_nomail_list&oldid=2813131