[Foundation-l] Image file referendum Banners

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:48:33 UTC 2011

Hi

The Image file referendum banners are currently running at 100% globally[1],
on all projects (correct me if I'm wrong). It seems rather excessive
considering the banner's size and the subject.

I have no idea, if this issue really needs such an exposure. The scheduled
service outage notice a few months ago, in comparison which led to complete
project outage for more than an hour, had a much smaller banner which didn't
even run at 100%.

Can someone please tell me if this issue requires this much urgency and
exposure? it is affecting local geo-tagged banners on a lot of projects.

Thanks

Theo

[1
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:CentralNotice&method=listNoticeDetail&notice=pif+referendum