[Foundation-l] Image filter referendum

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 18:57:25 UTC 2011

I've just been looking at the image filter referendum. Could someone
from the Foundation please explain what you hope to gain by holding
it? The questions are extremely leading, so I doubt you will learn
anything useful from it (is anyone really going to say that they don't
think it's important to be culturally neutral?). Are you hoping to
determine people's priorities by seeing which ones they rate as 10 and
which as merely 8 or 9? If so, why? Can you not just implement them
all?

My understanding was that this referendum was intended to give the
community some say in what happened with this proposed feature. The
questions you are asking don't do that in the slightest. If you want
to be able to say the feature has community support, you need to
actually ask the community whether or not they support it.