[Foundation-l] The problem with Incubator: An interactive journey

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 15:25:19 UTC 2011

Hoi,
There is nothing wrong with the term incubating; it indicates forcefully
that we want full projects in those languages. A test wiki is even more
ambiguous because we have things like test.wikis for new software.

Having a landing page with texts in languages that are likely to be
understood is a good thing. I will support that. When these pages are
supported in a similar way as is done for new translators on
translatewiki.net, I would be really happy; the point is that you make
things easy and, the time spend by our community is our most valuable asset.

Having projects go to the incubator is a good thing when there is an
incubating project. When there are technical issues like we have them for
languages like sign languages we can have specific information. We can have
specific information when projects have been denied in the past as well.
Particularly when they have been denied by the board; these exceptions are
the exceptions to the policy and deserve better information.

Let one thing be clear; having a project in the incubator for a longer time
is not a desired state. Making improvements to the visibility only serves to
speed up the process towards a full project.
Thanks,
     GerardM