[Foundation-l] Chapters

Robin McCain robin at slmr.com
Fri Aug 12 17:06:12 UTC 2011

Perhaps we might reflect on all the mistakes made by far older global
NPOs - the Catholic Church and all the younger proselytizing churches
are good examples.The mission has always been the dissemination of
knowledge (of a specific sort), so it has experiences that might be
helpful - what not to do, etc.

They've always had wealthy and poor locales. A large part of their
efforts have been devoted to raising money from the wealthy to fund
programs for the poor. They all have had to learn how to meet the legal
obligations of whichever states they are located and have evolved
systems to manage their money - some of which work better than others.