[Foundation-l] Chapters

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 22:14:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia-inc.com> wrote:
> It would be, if that's what it were about.  But I can say with
> confidence that at the board meeting, no one spoke about any ideas even
> remotely similar to this, and I can't think of a single board member who
> disagrees one bit with the idea that chapters should be directed or
> controlled in a top-down fashion as "franchises" or anything similar.

OK, I've read this sentence five times now, and this is what I read:

"Board members agree that chapters should be directed or controlled in
a top-down fashion as franchises"

I think there is a double negative here that is saying the opposite of
what you meant to say.

Should not the sentence be:
"I can't think of a single board member who *agrees* one bit with the
idea that chapters should be directed or controlled in a top-down
fashion as "franchises" or anything similar?

Or has my English played a trick on me?

Thanks,

Delphine