[Foundation-l] The problem with Incubator: An interactive journey

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Mon Aug 8 18:08:03 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Thomas Goldammer <thogol at googlemail.com> wrote:
> That'd be great, indeed. But if there is an article in enwiki about
> that language, there is always also a link to the project(s), even if
> it is in the incubator, example:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afar_language (it's near the bottom and
> on the right edge, though, so one might not see it easily). Maybe one
> could convince the communities to have such a link in other
> wikipediae, too...

I was just going to bring that up too. :-)

It's obviously not a perfect solution, but it's likely that if someone
were looking for a Wikipedia in their language, they'd probably type
it into Google. So if we type in "Central Morocco Tamazight
wikipedia", we get a link to
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Atlas_Tamazight> in the first
result. They read more about what the article has to say, and then
they see the link at the bottom and click on it. Much fewer steps, and
at least a bit clearer/more logical.

(This is actually what we do with many of the languages, at least on
enwiki. See French for example:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_language#External_links>.)

--
Casey Brown