[Foundation-l] Board letter about fundraising and chapters

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Fri Aug 5 23:39:32 UTC 2011

Michael Snow wrote:
> That being said, when it comes to discussing the guiding principles for
> things like fundraising, or the relationships between the foundation and
> chapters collectively, I do think it would be better to have more of
> that discussion open to the entire community. In terms of identifying
> the right forum for discussion, though, I'm not sure how much better
> this list really is, given that anecdotally its atmosphere has driven so
> many chapter people to resist subscribing. Honestly, I must say that it
> is a colossal disappointment to find that with all the posts I've seen
> both here and on internal-l, nobody has yet made a single edit to the
> talk page on Meta where the letter was posted. Doesn't anybody here know
> how to use a wiki?

I do!

Not having been able to find a chart so far, I created my own:
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Chapters>.

The list of chapters is derived from the "big 12" listed at
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=2750139>.

Anyone involved in a particular listed chapter should feel free to update
their row. Otherwise, I'll probably end up just making some numbers up. ;-)

I'll post a link to the new chart on the referenced talk page in a moment.

MZMcBride