[Foundation-l] Board letter about fundraising and chapters

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:22:56 UTC 2011

Beria, I don't think your views on transparency as stated mesh all
that well with the character of this list. I'd suspect the same is
true of the wider community of editors and donors; the assertion that
details be discussed in private is both improper and at distinct odds
with the history of the WMF. If chapters prefer that their actions not
be subject to the oversight of the WMF and Wikimedia community, then
they should do their own fundraising and develop their own trademarks.