[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 85, Issue 52

HW waihorace at yahoo.com.hk
Wed Apr 27 00:38:33 UTC 2011

As of a Chinese Wikipedian, I can give you details:
- Baidu Copy articles from Chinese, English and Japanese Wikipedia
- Baidu copy 1680 articles in total of these three Wikipedia
- Baidu copy 1636 articles from Chinese Wikipedia, including 74 FA, 44 GA, 126
DYK and 1397 normal articles, while 10 have been changed by Baidu user
- Baidu copy 28 articles from English Wikipedia without translation
- Baidu copy 16 articles from Japanese Wikipedia with translation
Thank you for all of your attention.

________________________________
寄件人﹕ "WJhonson at aol.com" <WJhonson at aol.com>
收件人﹕ foundation-l at lists.wikimedia.org
傳送日期﹕ 2011/4/26 (二) 11:54:15 PM
主題: Re: [Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 85, Issue 52

In a message dated 4/26/2011 4:42:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
waihorace at yahoo.com.hk writes:

> Baidu do not translate anything copy from English Wikipedia or Japanese
> Wikipedia, but just keep the full content without attribution and changing
>
> anything. There are totally about 50 articles copy from Eng & Japanese WP.
> HW

How bout just tell them, "please add this line of attribution...."
If they've only copied 50 articles, it sounds to me more like what we
routinely encounter, people just don't understand the license.