[Foundation-l] Board Resolution: Openness

Virgilio A. P. Machado vam at fct.unl.pt
Sun Apr 10 04:43:41 UTC 2011

I know that nobody has the guts to do it, but I wonder... I wonder
what would happen if all administrators, bureaucrats and so on where
told to take a hike. What would happen if new requirements for being
administrator and so forth included assuming real identities, and a
set of real world qualifications. What it would be like to grant
amnesty to all that are currently banned and/or blocked. What it
would be like if there was separation of powers, and secret
balloting. I wonder what it would be like if Wikimedia projects would
borrow a little more from democratic principles. Yes, I wonder...
Scary thoughts aren't they? No surprise though, coming from someone
who is the scourge of countless Wikimedia projects and a troll
according to many.

Sincerely,

Virgilio A. P. Machado