[Foundation-l] All wikimedia sites were blocked again in China

Mingli Yuan mingli.yuan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 03:21:14 UTC 2011

Hi, folks,

When I browsed Wikipedia this morning, I found all wikimedia sites were
blocked again in China.
And several others reported blocking by their ISP also.

Recently Ai WeiWei, a famous artist and activist, were detained by the
government,
it seems that the government seized their control on the society.
And the block of Wikimedia add another sign for this trend.

Personally, I think this block is possible for taking another long period of
time.
But we would observe for a short time to judge the situation.

Regards,
Mingli