[Foundation-l] Wiki-revolution

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Apr 3 23:34:08 UTC 2011

On 04/03/11 5:58 AM, Sarah wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 23:14, Dan Rosenthal<swatjester at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Apr 3, 2011, at 1:02 AM, Virgilio A. P. Machado wrote:
>>> intelectual
>> *cough*
>>
>> -Dan
> I hope the next time I write in Portuguese, the only mistake I make is
> a typo! :)

Funny enough I didn't read the "cough" as critical of the spelling. I
know that Portuguese and other languages have a more economical attitude
than English toward unnecessarily doubled letters.  The chosen spelling
presents no ambiguities, and no malapropisms to pique my humour, as
someone elsewhere recently did by using a wide-angel lens.

No, I read it as an ironic cough in the context of the praise for the
"true mirror of the high intelectual level of the discussions carried on
most Wikimedia projects."

Ray