[Foundation-l] Wiki-revolution

Dror Kamir dqamir at bezeqint.net
Sat Apr 2 15:14:17 UTC 2011

Hello,

and thought it might interest people who don't speak Arabic as well.
This is a Wiki inviting Tunisian citizens to write the country's new
constitution the Wiki way. The site is entirely in Arabic and it
includes a constitution draft, which the Tunisian public is supposed to
change and amend collaboratively. According to their "about", this is an
initiative of the Tunisian Internet Association (/Jam'iyat Tunis
lil-Internet/), which is a non-official non-profit Tunisian
organization. According to them, the project is run by volunteers.

To be honest, I don't give much chance to this initiative, but it is an
interesting development nonetheless. As far as I remember, Florence told
me about similar initiative in France by the French government, but it
seems to be the first of its kind in the Arab world. Perhaps the close
cultural ties between Tunisia and France played a role here, but this is
nothing more than a speculation.

Dror K