[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Foundation Blog] Article feedback pilot goes live

aude aude.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 18:55:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Guillaume Paumier
<gpaumier at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> Link to the original article:
>
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/blog/2010/09/22/article-feedback-pilot-goes-live/
>
> As recently announced on the tech blog and in the Signpost, we're
> launching an experimental new tool today to capture article feedback
> from readers as part of the Public Policy Initiative. We're also
> inviting the user community to help determine its future by joining a
> workgroup tasked with evaluating it.

The "Article Feedback Tool" allows any reader to quickly and easily
> assess the sourcing, completeness, neutrality, and readability of a
> Wikipedia article on a five-point scale. It will be one of several tools
> used by the Public Policy Initiative to assess the quality of articles.
> We also hope it will be a way to increase reader engagement by seeking
> feedback from them on how they view the article, and where it needs
> improvement.
>
> The tool is currently enabled on about 400 articles related to US public
> policy. You can see it in action at the bottom of articles such
> as /United States Constitution/, /Don't ask, don't tell/ or /Brown v.
> Board of Education/.

Why does the feedback tool have no reference to the public policy
initiative?

Casual users and readers will not know why they are seeing this tool in some
articles, and may be curious.

@aude