[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcement: Mike Godwin leaves the Wikimedia Foundation

Kat Walsh kat at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 20 16:39:41 UTC 2010

> On 19 October 2010 19:45, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I want to let you know that as of this Friday, October 22, 2010, Mike
>> Godwin will be leaving his role as General Counsel for the Wikimedia
>> Foundation.

I'd like to thank Mike for everything. Since the nature of the job
means sometimes you can't talk about everything you're doing (and a
substantial part of your interaction with people is when something has
gone wrong), he may not have gotten all the public appreciation he
deserves for his work, but he has really been a great champion of the
foundation and the movement, and guided WMF through a major expansion
and some truly crazy situations. I have tremendous respect for Mike as
an advocate and a person, and I wish him the best.

-Kat

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia online: http://donate.wikimedia.org/en
Wikimedia, Press: kat at wikimedia.org * Personal: kat at mindspillage.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mindspillage * (G)AIM:mindspillage
IRC(freenode,OFTC):mindspillage * identi.ca:mindspillage * phone:ask