[Foundation-l] Fwd: Help Beat Jimmy! (The appeal, that is....)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 23:10:50 UTC 2010

On 12 October 2010 00:00, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> The following message was rejected by moderators, but I think it is
> worth noting on this list.
>
> Whether 'we' like it or not, Gregory Kohs is asking probing questions
> and ignoring him is not making him go away; quite the contrary
> actually.
>
> http://www.examiner.com/wiki-edits-in-national/gregory-kohs

Paying attention to him isn't helping either. We are not short of
people to ask probing questions/

> Unfortunately, neither Philippe Beaudette nor Jay Walsh would respond
> to the question about competitive bidding for this important study of
> WMF donors, so the article in Examiner.com ran without their comment.

Examiner.com is Gregory Kohs self publishing. He gets a share of the
ad revenue on the articles he publishes so of course he is going to
want to post them to this list.

> (Note, according to Alexa.com, Examiner receives more Internet reach
> than Business Week, Time Magazine, or CBS News.)

Or to put it another way a bunch of sites unlikely to game their alexa rank.

--
geni