[Foundation-l] Anti-vandalism bot census

emijrp emijrp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:35:53 UTC 2010

Hi all;

I'm creating a census[1] with all the anti-vandalism bots in the Wikimedia
projects history. I want to research the features and techniques used in all
these past years. I need your help for compiling all the nicks of those
bots. You can help adding info to the page, but if you don't have free time
for that, write only the nickname and I will retrieve all the available info
about the bot.

With the currently available information, I have found two main categories
of anti-vandalism bots:
* First generation: simple scoring systems based in regular expressions and
heuristics.
* Second generation: machine learning, neural networks and bayesian filters.

Have you got suggestions to this classification? What is your opinion about
the past and the future of anti-vandalism bots? Can FlaggedRevs and similar
approaches make these bots useless?

Thanks,
emijrp

[1]