[Foundation-l] Fwd: Re: [VereinDE-l] Bericht zur Verleihung der Zedler-Medaille und Academy

Russell Nelson russnelson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 15:05:14 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Henning Schlottmann
<h.schlottmann at gmx.net>wrote:

>  The most important base for recruiting should be retired professionals,
> teachers, scientists. They have the background and the time. Many will
> like the intellectual challenge and enjoy to pass on their experience.

Why would people with these expertises be useful? Wikipedia is very
frustrating to people with expertise in a field, because Wikipedia places
zero value on their expertise. Nothing in their experience base can be used
unless it's already in print somewhere ... so how is their experience
useful? I'm not calling into question the [[citation needed]] policy, but
instead the idea that domain experts (professional, teachers, scientists)
are needed to improve Wikipedia.