[Foundation-l] Fwd: Re: [VereinDE-l] Bericht zur Verleihung der Zedler-Me...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Nov 25 19:43:09 UTC 2010

In a message dated 11/25/2010 10:57:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jayen466 at yahoo.com writes:

> It's a headache for the copyright team on en:WP because they have to
> figure out which came first.

First there should be a presumption that established editors (I've been
in-project for seven years), do not do copyvios.

Second there should be absolutely NO grant made to *admins* to police
copyvio content issues.  None.  Zero.  Admins have no position from which to make
a call that is any different from an established editor or reviewer.  The
creeping rights of admins are just ridiculous.  Admins have dozens of
"rights" that established editors do not, over content, and they shouldn't.

It's an old drum that I keep beating.  Admins keep granting each other more
rights, and soon all that we will have in-project will be admins.  No
editors at all.

All content issue rights, should be removed from admins.  That's my
position.  All of them.  Every content issue right period.