[Foundation-l] Fwd: Re: [VereinDE-l] Bericht zur Verleihung der Zedler-Me...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Nov 25 17:56:27 UTC 2010

In a message dated 11/25/2010 9:14:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wing.philopp at gmx.de writes:

> I think it is very important for us to understand the difficulties
> academics face if they want to join the Wikimedian community. And maybe
> we should rethink about our strategy and approach on working with
> academics.

A similar thing occurred with someone within the community, tagged an
article I had written with a "copyvio" which effectively blanked the entire page,
replacing it with a large warning block.  (How outrageous I might add that
we would have such a thing.)

Someone ELSE had copied *my* article to an external link. I had added that
external link just to show how the subject of my article was related to
other people, his parents, children, spouses, etc in a genealogical content.
But my article had additional details.

There was no attempt made to show that the EL had copied me, just the
presumption that I had copied the EL.  Similar to your case Ting.  But of course,
during the time that the tag was up, none of our five billion readers could
see the article at all.

Incidents like that "don't remove this tag until an *administrator* has
reviewed it..." leave mental scars on editors.