[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation Ombudsman

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 17:27:23 UTC 2010

It sounds like you are talking more about an inspection than an
ombudsman. The problem with your proposal is that disagreements
between the Foundation and community are usually due to it being very
unclear what the roles of each are. There isn't a rulebook that
someone can make sure the WMF is following. There is a committee
working on clearing up the roles of different parts of the movement,
but I don't know if they'll actually come up with anything specific
enough to be inspected against.